Whisky and Waterfalls
A fabulous day tour that explores much of Scotland’s iconic scenery, sights and experiences. From our ancient capital and stories of Scotland’s most famous patriot to stunning Highland landscapes, we also give you the opportunity to sample a drop of our favourite national drink!
- Students must hold a valid ISIC/ISE/ITIC card.
- Travel insurance is recommended
- If you need organise to transport from your accommodation to our departure point please book it via the hotel concierge. We have had a lot of feedback from customers saying that Uber taxi’s are not showing up.
- Meet 15 minutes prior to departure
- The drop-off location is Waterloo Place in central Edinburgh
- Please be advised that children under 5 years old may not take part in the tour, while anyone under 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- There are no maximum age restrictions
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them to board and disembark.
- Cancellations made less than 24 hours prior to departure will incur a 100% fee.
- In this new, fast-changing Covid-19 era,to give you peace of mind,when you are travelling during these new times Your Responsibility All our guests are asked to follow hygiene practices recommended by the World Health Organization and local Government guidelines. • Regular washing of hands and sanitising when required • Please bring your own: o Hand sanitiser
- Update to COVID Government Guidelines in Scotland
- As per government guidelines, the use of masks whilst on our tour coaches is no longer compulsory. Should our staff or passengers wish to keep wearing masks whilst on the coach they can. We will keep the hand sanitiser and enhanced cleaning procedures in place. • Maintain social distancing. o You need to make the Guide aware if you develop any COVID like symptoms. • You need to make the Guide aware if you develop any Covid like symptoms.
- Highland Explorer Tours (High Street 60, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH1 1TH)
- Passport or ID card
- Travel insurance
- Students must hold a valid ISIC/ISE/ITIC card
- Comfortable walking shoes and a waterproof jacket
- Local Scottish Guide
- Hermitage Forest Walk
- Audio Guides available in : Chinese, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese and Italian,
- Whisky Distillery Tour
- Whisky and Waterfalls - We will meet at 8:30 at 60 High Street to leave Edinburgh at 8.45am, we make our way to the ancient Scottish capital of Stirling, where the skyline is dominated by its castle and the iconic Wallace Monument. We stop to hear tales of Scotland’s most famous patriot and his part in the medieval Wars of Independence.We then take the back roads and drive through Scotland's scenic beauty and further into the Highlands. Glens, forests and rivers aplenty, we'll take you through the heart of this picturesque region before stopping for lunch at one of Scotland’s most famous whisky distilleries.After the chance to revive ourselves with a wee dram of the ‘water of life’, we head to the Hermitage in the heart of Perthshire and take a short woodland walk to see the spectacular Black Linn Falls on the River Braan. Our return journey visits the quaint village of Dunkeld, in Macbeth country, where a stunning cathedral sits comfortably by the banks of the River Tay. Before returning back to Edinburgh for approximately 5.30pm, we pass the iconic Forth Bridge, the new World Heritage Site. The drop-off location where we say our good-byes is Waterloo Place in central Edinburgh.
(Routes are subject to change)
You can cancel this booking for free:
- A full refund will apply if you cancel 24 hours or more before the activity start time.
- No refund is possible if you cancel within 24 hours of the activity start time.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom