Tower of London private tour with a Beefeater
Experience the infamous Tower of London on this exciting tour with exclusive access to one of the sites’ famous Beefeater guards. Used as both a Palace and a prison, this landmark is most well-known as the home of the Crown Jewels and execution site of three Queens of England and with the help of your guide, you'll discover it all.
Your personalised experience begins in front of the main entrance to the Tower of London where you will meet your tour representative for an inspiring introduction to the history of this attraction. You will then be led in to meet one of the Tower’s Yeoman Warders, more commonly known as Beefeaters. Dedicated only to your small group, this Beefeater will explain the story and traditions of this elite guard and will be available to take pictures and answer questions.
After the tour, you are free to stay in the Tower to explore its vast history. Visit the Tower Green to see the spot where Tudor King, Henry the VIII, beheaded Lady Jane Grey and two of his wives: Anne Boleyn and Catherine Howard. You can also explore the famous White Tower, a medieval keep, where the ‘Princes in the Tower’ were held and allegedly murdered by their Uncle Richard III so he could usurp the English throne.
As your tour begins early in the morning, you will have the opportunity to be among the first visitors to the Jewel House to see the spectacular Crown Jewels, which have been held here for the last 600 years. These are the official regalia and vestments used by the Sovereign of the United Kingdom during coronation ceremonies and other noble appearances. This priceless collection includes magnificent orbs, swords, rings, crowns and sceptres.
- Tower of London - There are many amazing historical stories and fascinating features of the Tower of London, but one of the most colourful has to be the men you see standing around in the bizarre red costumes. They’re officially named Yeoman Warders, but all of England knows them as ‘Beefeaters’.
- Explore the Tower of London with a private tour from a Beefeater guard
- Unfortunately this tour is unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance, as well as strollers or baby carriages
- Beat the crowds as you check out the Crown Jewels first thing
- London's tourist sites are among the most popular in the world. Skip-the-line access and careful planning limit crowd exposure, but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours
- Enjoy unlimited free time to discover the Tower of London at leisure
- Everything will be done to ensure timings and itineraries are respected; however, due to issues beyond control, timings and sites are subject to last minute changes on rare occasions
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Entrance tickets to the Tower of London
- Tour of the Tower of London with a Beefeater
- Please meet your tour directly in front of the Ticket Office at Tower of London, look for a tour representative will be holding a City Wonders sign. The ticket office is located just opposite the main entrance to the Tower.Arriving by tube: Get off Tower Hill-Station (Circle and District lines). Turn right towards Trinity Square. You should clearly be able to see the tower when you exit the tube station. It is a short walk (about 3 minutes).
- Please check the calendar to find this tour's availability
You can cancel this booking for free:
- A full refund will apply if you cancel 24 hours or more before the activity start time.
- No refund is possible if you cancel within 24 hours of the activity start time.
London, United Kingdom