Day Trip to Holy Island, Alnwick Castle and Northumbria from Edinburgh
The first stop of the tour is the Holy Island, connected to the mainland by a causeway which leads into the quaint island village of Lindisfarne, from where there are stunning views of Lindisfarne Castle. You'll spend some time wandering through the ruins of its Priory, sample some of the world-famous Lindisfarne 'Mead' brewed by Monks on the island and enjoy the tranquillity for which the island is renowned.
Then, it's time to continue south to the bustling market town of Alnwick, whose greatest building is the medieval Alnwick Castle. You can discover the town centre or explore the castle itself which is considered one of the finest castles in England and was even used in the Harry Potter films.
After you've been dazzled by Alnwick, it's time to head north once again where you'll see the River Tweed, the historic border town of Coldstream and Flodden Field. This tour promises to show you some of the star attractions of Scotland and England!
- Hop on a bus in Edinburgh and discover Northumbria
- Please be at the departure point 15 minutes prior to departure
- See amazing sites such as Lindisfarne Abbey and Alnwick
- This tour only runs in English but digital translations are available in Italian, French, German, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese and Chinese
- Explore the Scottish wilderness in one day with expert local guides
- Please bring warm and/or waterproof clothing and take a sun-block or a hat for sunny days
- Unfortunately, children under the age of 4 are not permitted on this tour
- The tour departs from outside the green Ensign Ewart pub in Edinburgh.
- Knowledgeable driver and guide
- Luxury, modern, air-conditioned coach
- Written translations (on request)
- Entrance to attractions such as: Alnwick Castle, Alnwick Gardens, Lindisfarne Priory
- Food and drink
- Trips from Edinburgh - Ahhhh, the famous Scottish wilderness!
- Scottish Castles - With thick walls of stone and tall tower turrets, the castles of Scotland have guarded the Highlands for centuries. Many were built for defense, helping kings and dukes establish their rule over the land, while others were lavish country homes, built more for style than practical defense. Several castles have seen bloody battles and turned the tides in epic wars.
- Edinburgh Old Town - The Old Town is the name given to the oldest part of Scotland’s capital city, Edinburgh. Full of beautiful ancient buildings, narrow alleys, cobbled streets and hidden courtyards, Edinburgh’s Old Town is steeped in the city’s history.
- Harry Potter Train Scotland - Riding the Hogwarts Express (known as the Jacobite Steam Train) is a bucket-list experience for any traveller, especially for Harry Potter fans! Travel across 84 miles of beautiful Scottish highland scenery on the same route that’s used in the films starting at Fort Williams and ending at the fishing village of Mallaig.
You can cancel this booking for free:
- A full refund will apply if you cancel 24 hours or more before the activity start time.
- No refund is possible if you cancel within 24 hours of the activity start time.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom