City Sightseeing hop-on hop-off bus tour of Edinburgh
What better way to start your bus tour journey than at St Andrew Square and make your way to some of Edinburgh's finest, culture-rich destinations. Experience the great historic marketplace, Grassmarket, located right in the middle of Edinburgh's Old Town. Hop off at stop #7 to learn all about the history of Edinburgh in the National Museum of Scotland on famous Chambers Street.
Along the road, you can find John Knox House, a magnificent medieval building dating back all the way to the 15th century. These and more local gems can be seen on this City Sightseeing tour and with the audio guide available onboard, you will also get to learn more about their impressive history.
- St Andrew Square - Northside
- Lothian Road - Waldorf Astoria
- Lauriston Place
- Johnstone Terrace - Edinburgh Castle, The Scottish Whiskey Experience
- Lawnmarket - Gladstone's End, The Real Mary King's Close
- Chambers Street - National Museum of Scotland
- St Mary's Street West
- Canongate - John Knox House
- Royal Mile - Scottish Parliament, Palace of Holyrood House
- Dynamic Earth
- Regent Road - Burns Monument
- See the city at your own pace and enjoy the local sights with the 24-hour hop-on hop-off bus pass
- Please note that changes to operating times, frequencies and inclusions can happen at any time and without notice
- Your ticket has a 12-month flexibility period, to protect you in case of any sudden change of plans
- Kids go free! Up to three kids (ages 5-15) can travel free per adult ticket. Please still add child tickets to the cart when making your purchase. Travel must be before 31 March 2023
- Learn more about the city with the audio guide available in 9 languages and the "Horrible Histories" Kids Commentary
- Your voucher is valid one year from date of purchase
- Hand sanitizer available and use is encouraged if not compulsory. High traffic areas and regularly used equipment/handrails etc will be regularly sanitized. Social distancing measures will be in place
- The use of face masks is mandatory when riding on the lower deck. Depending on the city, a face mask may be required when on the top deck
- Please be aware due to road works, the bus will be diverted until further notice between Chambers Street and Canongate via Nicolson Street, West Richmond Street, The Pleasance and St Mary’s Street
- Edinburgh Old Town - The Old Town is the name given to the oldest part of Scotland’s capital city, Edinburgh. Full of beautiful ancient buildings, narrow alleys, cobbled streets and hidden courtyards, Edinburgh’s Old Town is steeped in the city’s history.
- Royal Mile - On observation, you would think there was a plan all along when erecting the buildings along the Royal Mile. Turns out that history, wonderment and sheer coincidence are to thank for this gem filled with different delights such as the Museum of Edinburgh, the Storytelling Centre and the Scotch Whisky Experience.
- 24-hour hop-on hop-off bus tour
- Audio commentary in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese, Russian plus 'Horrible Histories' Kid's Commentary
- Look for any City Sightseeing stop along the route. Mobile and printed vouchers are accepted at all stops
- The tour departs from St. Andrew's Square (Northside) from 09:00 am to 04:00 pm every 30 minutes
- Operating times may vary over the Christmas period
You can cancel this booking for free:
- A full refund will apply if you cancel 24 hours or more before the activity start time.
- No refund is possible if you cancel within 24 hours of the activity start time.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom