British Museum and National Gallery of London guided tour
Combine a guided tour of two of the most popular and fascinating Museums of London and follow your enthusiastic young guide, who will take no more than 8 guests on this comprehensive visit of the city’s best galleries.
Begin your tour by exploring culture and civilizations through the monumental collection at the British Museum. Your guide will lead you through 6000 years of sculptures, jewelry and artifacts, acting like a living Rosetta Stone to help you understand these pieces – and yes, you’ll see the real Rosetta Stone while we’re at it.
Your guide will take a serious but enjoyable approach towards the museum’s galleries, discussing primitive tribes and forgotten empires through a carefully curated selection of exhibits. Discover Samurai armor and centuries’ old Assyrian lion hunt reliefs. You’ll learn about the Mummy of Katebet and the Lewis Chessmen, among other historic objects. Leave the tour with an understanding of what we humans have achieved during our short history and be proud to call yourself a part of this incredible species.
After a break for lunch, you'll learn about the master painters whose names fill the halls of the National Gallery. Instead of wandering aimlessly, your guide will immerse you in the stories and history behind some of the world’s most famous artists.
The National Gallery houses a collection of paintings from the 1300s onwards, so there is no shortage of choice. View da Vinci’s “The Virgin of the Rocks” before fast-forwarding to Seurat’s “Bathers at Asnières” to witness the changing styles over the centuries. During this semi-private tour, you'll be armed with the information and history that you’ll need to appreciate the 2300 paintings on display at one of the world’s most visited museums.
- Uncover the secrets behind the vast collection of the British Museum
- The group size of this tour is never more than 8 people for a more personal experience
- Choose from over 2,300 fascinating pieces of artwork on display at the National Gallery
- Please dress appropriately as the tour will run come rain or shine
- Benefit from a personal small group tour led by an expert guide
- Regrettably this tour is not available for those with walking disabilities or wheelchair users
- A minimum of 2 people is required for each option
- The British Museum - Visit one of the world’s most popular museums and expand your knowledge of human history, art and culture at the British Museum. Opened in 1759, it is one of the most diverse and well-known museums welcoming over 6 million visitors every year from all over the world!The museum holds over thirteen million objects which were purchased, donated, or excavated.
- Optional gratuities
- Food and beverages
- Guided tour of the British Museum
- Guided tour of the National Gallery
- Professional tour guide
- Meet by the red telephone booth closest to the Main Gate in front of the British Museum
- Every day
- Departs at 10:00 am
You can cancel this booking for free:
- A full refund will apply if you cancel 24 hours or more before the activity start time.
- No refund is possible if you cancel within 24 hours of the activity start time.
London, United Kingdom