Avila and Segovia full-day tour from Madrid
This full-day tour with departure from Madrid will take you to two of the most famous cities around Madrid, Avila and Segovia - both of which have an extremely rich history. Departing at 9.00am, you'll travel with a professional tour guide and explore the streets of the two cities, admiring the beauty of the architecture of the old churches, palaces, and convents, as well as an old Roman aqueduct. There are three different lunch options you can purchase from and add to your fee if you so desire.
The first stop on your tour will be in Avila, a city that preserves the most ancient and complete fortified complex in Spain (XI century). Its 2500m wall and its 90 fortified towers surround the old city and house a great part of its monumental treasures including a large number of Romanesque-style churches, Gothic palaces, and a fortified cathedral of the XII century. You will visit the Convent and Museum of Teresa de Jesús, the Cathedral (the outside), the Plaza Mayor and the Basilica of San Vicente.
At the end of the tour, you will go to Segovia, famous for its well-preserved roman aqueduct, which is 16km long. Home of some of the kings of Castile, this city preserves one of the most important medieval group of buildings in Spain. Due to its elegance, the Cathedral of Segovia is considered to be “the Lady of the Cathedrals”, and the Alcázar is the most spectacular castle in the country. You will see the Aqueduct, the Cathedral, and the Alcázar.
The following lunch options can be chosen when you purchase your ticket.
GASTRONOMIC LUNCH: Includes: La Granja white beans + roasted suckling pig + ponche cake with ice cream + red wine, mineral water and coffee
The estimated time of arrival in Madrid is at 6.00pm (depending on traffic conditions).
- Enjoy a full-day trip from Madrid
- For infants (age 0-5 years) meals are not included
- Visit two of the most famous cities near the Spanish capital and discover their rich history
- Relish a tour with an official guide
- Escape the noise and traffic of the city for a day
- Entrance to the Cathedral of Segovia
- Air-conditioned bus
- Bilingual official guide (English and Spanish)
- Entrance to the Avila Walls
- Entrance to the Convent of Santa Teresa
- Entrance to the Alcázar of Segovia
- Radio guided system
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Julia Travel office at Calle San Nicolás, 15, next to Plaza de Ramales.
You can cancel this booking for free:
- A full refund will apply if you cancel 24 hours or more before the activity start time.
- No refund is possible if you cancel within 24 hours of the activity start time.