Audio-guided tour of Clos Lucé, Chambord and Chenonceau castles with wine-tasting
Escape from Paris and dive into the magic of Loire Valley with this small-group tour of Chenonceau, Clos Lucé, and Chambord including a wine-tasting.
You'll meet your guide in central Paris for your morning departure. You'll travel in a minibus (8 people max) to reach the Loire Valley and visit Chenonceau castle with an audio guide. A model of the Renaissance traditions, the Chenonceau Castle is an architectural masterpiece and the most romantic castle in the Loire valley. The guide will introduce you to the history of the castle before your free time to stroll at your leisure through the sumptuous gardens.
At lunchtime, your driver-guide will accompany you to Amboise and propose some lunch alternatives before your visit to Clos Lucé castle. You'll then enjoy a free visit to Clos Lucé Castle, Leonardo da Vinci's last residence. As you walk, you meet Leonardo the engineer, Leonardo the visionary, and Leonardo the painter and architect. The Leonardo da Vinci park is a unique journey among the genius's pieces of work.
You'll then head to Chambord Castle for an audio-guided tour. Considered the largest and most majestic castle of the Loire valley, Chambord Castle was commissioned as a hunting lodge by François I. The main attraction remains the intricate 'double revolution' staircase attributed to Leonardo de Vinci.
The ice on the cake is the wine-tasting session that awaits for you at Chambord. You will taste wines from the region with appellations such as Cheverny, Touraine, or Sancerre.
- Chenonceau Castle - The Chenonceau Castle (Château de Chenonceau) is second-most visited castle of France after the Palace of Versailles. It has remained quite intact over the centuries and has been classified 'Monument Historique' by the French Ministry of Culture since 1840.
- Trips from Paris - Majestic castles, curated parks, medieval fortifications, famous vineyards and entertainment for children and adults. If your holiday in Paris is long enough, take your time to discover its fascinating surroundings, escaping the hustle and bustle of the metropolis to relax amid the breathtaking scenery. A must-see is undoubtedly the Palace of Versailles.
- Loire Valley and Castles - The Loire Valley, a Unesco World Heritage Site, is located just a short ride from Paris and is known for its magnificent castles, its picturesque villages, sophisticated cities and outstanding wines. There are over 300 castles in the Valley ranging from fortified castles of the 10th century to beautiful residences constructed during the 15th and 16th century.
- Chambord Castle - Chambord is the largest and most spectacular piece of architecture of the Loire Valley. More than a castle, Chambord is an architectural masterpiece, a place full of history nestled in a forest as big as Paris. In 1516, while it was used as a hunting lodge, François I decided to transform it into a magnificent palace in his honour.
- Clos Lucé Castle - Clos Lucé Castle is a château located in the centre of Amboise in the Loire Valley, most famous for being Leonardo da Vinci’s last official residence. Built in the mid-15th century during The Renaissance, it is located 500m from the royal Château d’Amboise, to which it is connected by an underground passageway.
- Admire the Château of Chenonceau and its Renaissance gardens
- This tour is in a small group with a maximum of 8 participants
- Audio-guided visit of Chenonceau and Chambord
- Explore the Chateau of Clos Luce, Leonardo da Vinci's last residence
- Free visit of the Clos Lucé Castle
- Enjoy a delicious wine tasting at Chambord
- Wine tasting in Chambord (5 glasses to choose)
- Departure at 7.15am
- Return back to Paris at 8.15pm
- Meet us at the local operator agency located near the Louvre Museum 15 minutes before departure time indicated on your ticket.
- Roundtrip transportation by air-conditioned minibus with a professional driver guide
- Audio-guided tour
- Wine tasting
- Entrance ticket
You can cancel this booking for free:
- A full refund will apply if you cancel 24 hours or more before the activity start time.
- No refund is possible if you cancel within 24 hours of the activity start time.