"Alex Katz" exhibition and Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza skip-the-line tickets
Skip the long lines and discover a retrospective of the American painter Alex Katz held for the first time in Spain, in the Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza, one of the most important cultural centers in Madrid.
Don't miss the chance to learn more about one of the key figures in 20th-century American art and the forerunner of the Pop Art movement that nowadays is still in use. Curated by the museum's artistic director Guillermo Solana, the exhibition benefits from the support of the artist and his studio, which are in close contact with this project.
Discover almost 40 large-format oils accompanied by various studies, of the artist’s common themes, such as his individual, double and group portraits together with his distinctive flowers, and sweeping landscapes painted with bright colors and flat backgrounds.
- Discover a retrospective of the American painter Alex Katz
- With this ticket, you can visit the museum's permanent and temporary exhibition
- Explore one of the most important cultural centers in Madrid
- This ticket is valid only on the printed date
- Admire the masterpieces of the forerunner of Pop Art
- No re-entry to temporary exhibitions
- Marvel at the museum's permanent and temporary exhibitions
- Last visitors admitted 1 hour before closing
- All galleries are cleared 5 minutes before closing
- Please arrive 15 minutes ahead to facilitate admission at the scheduled time
- Visitors are required to wear face masks and to keep their distance from each other
- Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza.
- Entrance to the Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza (permanent collection)
- Entrance to the temporary exhibition: "Alex Katz" (from 11 June 2022 to 11 September 2022)
- Audio guide (if option selected)
- Thyssen-Bornemisza National Museum - Why the crazy name? The museum is named after art collector Hans Heinrich Thyssen-Bornemisza, husband of Carmen Cervera and son of the first Baron Thyssen-Bornemisza. His private collection, initially encompassed sculptures, tapestries and paintings by both old and contemporary art masters. It was the second largest in the world, after the collection of Queen Elizabeth II of England.
You can't cancel this booking but not for free.